1. Going to try making this earl grey oatmeal with cardamom cream this weekend. (I do have a thing for cardamom)
2. Often style tips strike me as somewhere between obvious and condescending, if not wildly incompatible with individuality, but these are quite rational.
3. I want one or possibly several of these suede obi belts. Trying to decide which colors. The rust, the mint? The black definitely.
4. Found interesting this intro to tea tasting language, applicable also to fragrance, wine, beer, chocolate, coffee…anything you can smell really. Useful to have these scent categories in your head.
5. Trying to decide between a Chemex and a Clever Coffee Dripper. Maybe will try both. Have been wanting to experiment with a pour over method, particularly if it means getting this adorable gooseneck kettle.
6. I liked these two wintry Dostoyevsky short stories berfrois posted just before Christmas.
7. Nigerian menswear brand Taryor Gabriels is doing sleek, beautifully structured suits with playful details. It’s impossible to guess how I might dress if I were a man—one of those hopelessly tangled hypotheticals—but maybe like this. I hope like this. Really I may dress like this anyhow. (link from messynessychic via GeekOutsider)
8. OK, Doc Martens Triumph 1914 boots (with vintage-feel floral print lining) vs. Steve Madden Troopa boots. Both have that turn of the century pioneer silhouette I so often like.
Tough call, right? Thoughts? Still debating.